We had a beautiful Thanksgiving Day. I'm so happy my family was willing to make the drive to our house this year. We played for a few hours before lunch. Emily and Lydia played on the new swing set while the others chatted and watched football. I wanted to eat at 2 and "planned" accordingly. I had NO idea the gravy would take so long (I used some fancy Bon Apetite recipe that was really good but not worth the work). Good thing mom was there to help me make the gravy! We ate at 2:45...that's not too bad! The food was hot and delicious. In addition to my turkey, gravy, and apple sausage stuffing, Cate made mashed potatoes, Brian made sweet potatoes (AMAZING), Lauren made a cold, sweet cranberry side (borderline dessert), Steph made green beans, mom made rolls and pies, and dad brought the wine. Dan "made" canned cranberry! We introduced Cate and dad to the wii. Mom and dad were the last to leave (Dad was getting hooked on the wii). Here are a few pictures from our day.
In front of our new house (no landscaping yet)
Steph and Jon with baby Ryan (Brian and Lauren's son)
Emily and Lydia
Nana and Emily
Dan and Lydia
Me and Stephanie
Me and mom

7 comments:
Looks like y'all had a great Thanksgiving! By the way, love the first pic of you and Dan...I can see your baby bump :-)
Wow!! Looks like a fun day!! The food sounds amazing :) I want the recipe for your "Apple sausage stuffing", this sounds soooo yummy!! It is great to see how everyone pitched in with the dinner.
I love all the pictures!! You have such a beautiful family. What great memories!!
You are the hostess with the mostest!!! I love your son's name as well! Can't wait to meet Henry! We will be moving Dec 18th now, so next year after 2 years of moving near the holidays I plan to have a blow out holiday season hosting and decorating like never before!!! :) heheh we'll see...
Hey girl.. wow very impressed... next year can I come???
How beautiful and it all sounds yummy! You're looking great, Nee! Love your haircut. I'm going to be in Houston in February and you better believe I'll be heading to your house to admire it all...and rub the bump. :)
That is fun that you had everyone over at your new house. Everything looked yummy and pretty. LOVE your hair:) (I need to get your stylist's number)
How sad to miss out on all my family. YOu are looking so pregnant - love it!!! Yeah for steph running fast! Lydia is adorable and Emily is so growing up and all the girls have hair cuts...I am really missing out.
Post a Comment