Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy First Birthday, Lydia!

Lydia turns one year old today!  As much as it is a milestone for her, it is also a milestone for me.  I've had many days I thought this day would never come, and other days when I couldn't believe how fast it was approaching.  

As much as she has learned, I've learned more.  Her discoveries uncover things behind doors, under couches, and on the next page.  My discoveries uncover my selfish impatience but also a whole new kind of love.

As much as she's changed, I've changed more.  She's growing, loving, talking, walking. and always learning.  I'm slower, thoughtful, content, and always being taught (thank you, Lord). 

I am amazed at her willingness to forgive me when I'm unfair and harsh.  I am saddened that I will probably be the role model that teaches her how to hold a grudge.  

Motherhood is exhilarating; motherhood is heavy.  

I pray that my little one will come to love Jesus early in her life.  
I pray that I will always go to my Lord as a child myself!  

Happy Birthday Lydia!

13 comments:

Christina

What a beautiful sweet letter to your daughter - isn't being a mom such a huge and wonderful challenge. Happy Birthday Little Niece.

nicolepage

Happy Birthday, Lydia! I felt the same way about the first birthday being a motherhood milestone. Lydia has a great birthday (she shares it with me :). Hope that y'all have a wonderful day celebrating!

The Martin's

Happy Birthday Lydia.

Nee - what sweet sentiments... you made me teary!

Lauren and Brian

Happy Birthday Lydia! And many more fun moments for you and mommy!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher

Happy Birthday Lydia... you have a very special mother... she will teach you how to be a wonderful friend, an amazing child of God, a terrific wife and you already know; a compassionate mother.

Cassidy

Happy Happy Birthday Lydia!

Lindsay Countryman

Happy Birthday sweet Lydia!
Hope today was the start of another fabulous year!!
Love love,
Claire and Carson!
Lindsay & Wade

Jon and Steph

lyd- your the BEST lil bug baby ever!

Jordan

Happy Birthday Sweet girl!! Can't wait to see you again!

Kaitlin L.

Happy Birthday to Lydia!

Meredith

Happy Birthday, big girl!!!

Jacquie Von Hohn

Oh that is so sweet! Happy Birthday little Lydia!

AG

awww, i'm a little late, but tell my happy birthday wishes to Lydia! Shes so adorable! like her mom :) I miss you Renee, i'll stay posted for more!