Thursday, April 9, 2009

Birthday Treat

We brought Lydia to play at the Children's Museum on her birthday.  She loved climbing and playing (and could have cared less that we were trying to play with her).  These pictures highlight her favorites activities that day!  Building blocks, balls, playing "ta dah" with herself in the mirrored door (we are so making one of those for a kids playroom someday), giant lite brite (remember playing with those?), sitting in the truck (just sitting, for a long time), more balls, and playing "ta dah" with daddy.









I want to share that I learned something about 1-ish year olds at the museum.  Some kids are toy grabbers, and other kids get their toys grabbed away from them.  Lydia is a grabber.  She is also friends with everyone.  Points, laughs, smiles, babbles.  Some kids receive the love, others crawl closer to their moms.  So I guess she's a taker (of toys) and giver (of love).  I just love her! 

8 comments:

Lindsay Countryman

How fun! We would love to go with you again sometime!
Happy happy birthday to sweet Lydia!

Jon and Steph

that's a good driver lydia... ya know, checking your blind spot.

The Long Family

Love Play Museums -- that is what gets us through like 6 months of winter here. The Giant Light Bright - so clever - never have seen that. Can't wait to give her hugs again!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher

I love the last pic and PIerce is a grabber too... they are meant for each other... Happy Birthday Lydia... we miss you all.

Jordan

Love the smushed face pic! How fun!

Jacquie Von Hohn

What a fun birthday! The pic of her smashing her face is priceless!

The Martin's

the picture of her driving the truck is the first picture in a while that I've seen a little Renee in her!

I love the mirror behind the door idea... that's great!

Grantham

Happy Birthday! I want to see Dan with Lydia in the car. :-)