The following melted my heart...Cole had strict instructions to drink a bottle at 3pm and then take a nap. When Uncle J grabbed the bottle from the frig and picked up Cole, Lydia wanted to go to join him. I told her "stay here please." 30 seconds later she walked over to me and gave me kiss. After walking away I asked if Daddy could have another kiss. She walked back over and did it again. To top it off, she then walked ~10 feet to pick up her favorite blanky. She then went to the stairs, waived goodbye to me, and pointed to the stairs. What can I say, even Dad knows what this means. I plopped her in her crib and that was that. What a sweetheart! I rarely have these responsibilities but I must say, my wife is a rockstar. I can't believe my 15-month old is such a good girl. Thanks be to God and thanks to Renee. Sorry for the lack of pics or anything fun, but I immediately felt that I needed to blog about this one. -- Dan
Sunday, July 19, 2009
My girl is so sweet (my first blog ever)
Renee and Aunt Amy decided to go looking through model homes in The Woodlands. This is something I sometimes fear b/c it further builds Renee's case for "all the great things in The Woodlands." But since Amy is in town, the girls went to do their thing and left Lydia and Cole with me and Uncle Jeremy. The playtime started by Lydia waking up 1 hour into her 2.5 hour nap and refusing to go back down b/c she heard her best friend Cole downstairs. Even I know that waking up 1 hour into a nap is a sign of bad things to come. But, aside from Lydia eating some of Cole's food, occasionally drinking his sippie (sp?) cup and taking a few toys here and there, they played really well together. Those two even put the toy rings on the post together-- great teamwork cousins! Cole is such an angel and a joy to play with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Sweet post Dan! Way to go, Nee, with all of your great training. :)
Wow you get the super star Daddy award for staying with L at home, blogging, and saying such sweet things about your girls... so sweet.
Dan,
I just came across your blog...honestly I'm not sure how I found it but I sure was happy to find it. Mom keeps me posted on all of you but it is great to see pictures of Lydia. What a cutie...and a mini-Dan for sure :)
So sweet of you to post on the blog and share your day with the rest of us. As a momma, I know Renee appreciates it too.
Hope to see you guys soon (& finally meet Lydia face to face). I'm sure Maggie would have plenty of fun playing with her. The last time we were out at the lake, Ben was there with Grant and they were instant buddies.
It'll be fun staying in touch through your blog. Love, Courtney (Crews Thompson)
Dan - welcome to the world of blogging...maybe you'll inspire Kris to blog! I agree that your girls are awesome!
Great blog post Dan. I only hope that when my time comes that I can be as a good a father as you.
-Cousin Drew
So glad you are letting Lydia and Nee come visit - Matthew shouted "Yeah, Lydia can come" when I told him!
Love the blog Dan!! It is so hard to get the "Men" to blog but once they start they see how much fun it is!!
Serg and I hope to meet you and Lydia soon.
Post a Comment