
We went to Grayton Beach with Dan's extended family last week. It was H-O-T, but we were blessed to have a house right on the beach with a pool!

It took Lydia a few days to warm up to the sand and waves, but she was really enjoying it by the end of the week. Other things she enjoyed were her Uncle Ben (she has a huge crush on him and preferred him to both me and dan!), ice cream sandwiches, and cousins Grant and Sydney.


Lydia wasn't really a water girl before we went to Florida. She didn't even really like bath time. But she saw this pool and had to jump in! By the second day she was jumping into daddy's arms, dunking her head, and flying up in the air. Dan is thrilled to have a pool lover!

As with most family gatherings, it was the food that brought us together! On the nights we ate it, Ben did all the cooking! We had spaghetti night, taco night, and seafood night. Ben doesn't do anything half way, all the meals were amazing...my favorite was the marinated grilled shrimp.


In a family picture attempt, we took some shots with the water in the background. Ladies, you know this means the wind was blowing my fair towards the front of my face. I wish it would have stopped for just one second! We did get some cute shots though!

10 comments:
Posting a super cute, decorative blog entry by 5am? That's the Renee I know!
I love them! Looks like you all had a great time and great weather!
Fun! I'm glad Liddy finally found her sea (or pool) legs. She was bound to be a waterbaby at some point in time!
I love the family pictures at the beach!...even if the wind is blowing.
So cute! What a fun trip! I can't wait to get a beach family pic!
It looks like a lot of fun!!! I love the pictures. You have such a beautiful family. The family pic in front of the ocean and the pool pics of Lydia are my favorite.
Oh no, Lydia already has a crush?!? Your in for some trouble :)
So cute and looks like so much fun... we have yet to go on a vacation with you but we need to... and you have got to print those pages in a book... that could be your scrapbook... I am so proud of you... he heeh
What a nice family picture - I like the one in the lower right corner - how do you possible have time to do all this plus move your whole house??
Great pictures! Looks like so much fun! We love that area...went to Seagrove Beach in May and can't wait to go back again.
Wow... so many fantastic pictures. I love that Liddy was skinny dipping! I would have a crush on Uncle Ben too if I were Lydia ;) how sweet!
your family beach picture is beautiful... never mind the hair... that just makes it real!
p.s. who goes to FL in the HOT summer when you already live in a HOT place?
Post a Comment