Friday, October 17, 2008

Camille tagged me again!

Grab the nearest book.Open the book to page 56. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST. Tag five other people to do the same.

The nearest book to me, almost touching the computer, is my Bible study guide called A Heart Like His.

"Once again, we have the great privilege of seeing the words God inspired from David's pen after David learned about the tragic slaughter. David's words of response will comprise your second and final reading assignment for today. Read Psalm 52. At first glance, David may seem to be referring to Doeg, but the seventh verse pin-points Saul. The great wealth applied to the jealous king."

So that's a kind of random few sentences unless you know what's going on in David's life. In short, David is upset after Saul killed the priests in Doeg because they unknowingly helped David escape from Saul. Psalm 52 records David's emotions from this time.

Okay, I tag Meredith, Jordan, Stephanie, Lauren (I'm determined to get you blogging), and Emily.

1 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher

Thanks for playing with all my tags... I knew I could count on you way to go with your bible study as the closest book.