Thursday, June 13, 2013

Memorial Day in San Antonio

My youngest sibling, Brent, graduated from Dental School over Memorial Day weekend.  What a wonderful reason to get the whole DeSutter family together (thanks Dad DeSutter over and over and over again).  We almost had a full reunion, but Stephanie's OB said NO NO NO traveling for her at her appointment on Friday morning.  We were so sad to miss her and Jon for the weekend gathering, but God safely brought them precious baby Matheson on June 10th.

The rest of my sibling and their families were together for the weekend in San Antonio.  We stayed at the Hill Country Marriott, and it was fabulous despite the fact that we planned to swim the entire weekend but instead it rained most of the time.  It was so fun for the cousins to run like crazy around the resort.  We took advantage of any clear spots in the weather and hit the pools, slides, and lazy river.  I did a horrible job taking pictures, but I still have some to show.

It was also a special time for everyone to FINALLY get to hug and love on Christina, who just completed procedures related to Breast Cancer.  We are so thankful to God that she was able to be with us.  It was very hard for us sisters to be apart from her while she struggled through her decisions and procedures.

Christina, Amy, Brenna, Mabel, and Lydia
 Lydia and Colden
 Matt and Henry
 Dad and Christina
 Brian with Ryan
 Brian and Grandma Cripe
 Mabel and mommy
 Lydia and Brenna
 Josh and Henry
 Mom, watching Brent because Dr. Brent
 Grandma and Dad at graduation
 We really just took pics of ourselves most of graduation!  Brian and Emily
 Brent in the crowd

 Colden
 Lydia
 Colden, Josh, Uncle Brett, and Lydia

 Brenna, Christina, Grandma, and me
 Lydia and Matt on Matt's birthday! 
 I don't know why these won't load onto the blog correctly...but we did a lot of dancing on the lawn!






 Brent and Cate (who just moved to Portland, Oregon!)
 The Long Family


3 comments:

The Long Family

Awww...Nee what a sweet blog post....and why did it seem all I wore was that striped dress.. I did bring some more clothes!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher

I love all the post and the pics... sweet family for sure... love it.

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez

It is so wonderful to see how close your family is...Makes me wish we had that with Sergio's family. And Grandma Cripe, Sergio and I have never meant but I am glad to see that she gets to spend a lot of time with your families and all the beautiful children :) Makes me happy!! Thanks for sharing.