Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Washington DC

The kids gave me a terrible sinus cold just in time for Dan and I to head to DC for a week. I spent the first half of each day out sightseeing and the second half of each day sleeping. It was nice to sleep as much as I wanted without having to take care of anyone else, but I really missed out on talking to my hubby (my throat was too sore) and eating good food (no taste)! Here are a few highlights of our trip.
Julia Child's Kitchen at the Smithsonian

This terribly dark and grainy picture is actually taken really close to Prince Charles who greeted tourists in the Supreme Court building on his way to an event. He just stopped to tease some secretaries for stepping away from their desks to see him. I didn't get too close though...didn't want to get him sick!

3 comments:

Kaitlin L.

So fun that you guys got some time away! And, you can totally tell that's Prince Charles.

The Long Family

You look cute...so sorry that you got so sick on that trip.

The Long Family

Kinda a late comment on this blog but did you go and get the yellow belt i had from target and we both own that Boden sweater---you always would know we were sisters!